When you are deciding whether you should use supplements, it is important that you understand what the word “supplement” means. It is often defined as something that enhances or completes something else when added to it. When you think about this, but connected to nutrition, they are meant to enhance your health. You will most certainly love the extra energy that vitamins, minerals, and other supplements provide. Here are some reasons why it is important to take supplements daily:
- Our food sources are not as completed as they once were and our daily requirement of fruits and vegetables has doubled in the past decade.
- Supplements are a natural way of boosting the immune system and a cheap way of keeping yourself healthy.
- Supplements will help to transport and feed the muscles. It will also help fight any minor or major deficiencies that you might have.
- They keep your body and hormones balanced.
- It will provide anti-oxidants (like vitamins A, C, and E), that we cannot get fully from food.
- Supplementation might help in preventing some health issues, like high cholesterol.
- Supplements are generally in a form that is easy for your body to absorb and utilize.
- Supplementation, diet, and exercise are the fountain of youth and health.
Now that you know why the supplements are really important in your daily life, let’s learn about basics of various vitamins and minerals, and the benefits for each one of them.
Basics about vitamins and minerals
Vitamins are chemicals that the body needs in order to maintain its health. Except for vitamin D, which is a hormone produced in the skin when exposed to the Sun, we usually get our daily dose of vitamins from dietary sources, like food and drinks. Vitamin D can also be obtained from some food. Minerals, on the other hand, are inorganic substances. Like vitamins, our body needs a specific mineral to stay healthy. One of the best ways to keep up with your daily healthy dose of vitamins and minerals could be through the supplements you can find in supermarkets, drugstores or online wholesellers such as Piping Rock. If you are looking to save some money on your supplements, you can always buy them in bulk at Piping Rock through their promotional coupons and discounts.
For those who are not nutritionists, dieticians, or experts in natural health, the letters and numbers that explain the word of vitamins can seem pretty confusing. In order for you to understand vitamins better, here is a list of their benefits:
- Vitamin A – good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth. It is also a powerful antioxidant which fights cell damage, boosts your immune system and improves overall health.
- Vitamin B – boosts energy production, immune function, and iron absorption. There are multiple types of B vitamins. Vitamin B1 or thiamine helps improve your nervous system, promotes metabolism and assists digestion. Vitamin B2, also called as riboflavin, provides an energy boost, Vitamin B3 or niacin keeps your heart healthy. Vitamin B12 helps with the production of nerve cells and red blood cells. There are also other B vitamins such as B5, B6, B7 and B9, which provides numerous benefits necessary to live a healthy life.
- Vitamin C – it strengthens blood vessels and gives skin elasticity, antioxidant functions, and iron absorption. Vitamin C helps with the production of collagen, heals wounds, and maintains healthy teeth and bones.
- Vitamin D – good for strong and healthy bones. It also regulates phosphorus and calcium absorption, crucial for development and growth of teeth and bones. Sunlight is a great source of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E – perfect for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. Vitamin E can be used for preventing and treating heart and arteries ailments such as chest pain, a heart attack caused due to hypertension or clogged arteries.
- Folic Acid – important for cell renewal and prevention of birth defects in pregnancy. It also helps pregnant women reduce the risk of high blood pressure
- Calcium – in order to have strong bones and teeth, taking calcium could help with that. It also ensures healthy and normal functioning of heart, nerves and muscles.
- Potassium – this is good for controlling electrical activities of your heart, making it important to maintain a normal heart rhythm.
- Sodium – your body needs sodium to stimulate nerve and muscle functions, maintain a right balance of fluid, and support absorption of other nutrients.
- Magnesium – in order to support more than 300 biochemical reactions, your body will need magnesium. It supports muscle and nerve functions, keeps your heart beating regularly, and it builds strong bones.
Vitamins can be consumed in a wide range of ways. Most common vitamins are consumed through the food we eat, but depending on the cuisine, you may have lower natural vitamin intake. Therefore, the nutrition industry made supplements available that can help boost the vitamin content in your body. A multivitamin is often the best option for improving overall health, especially if you have a job or a lifestyle that causes you to miss meals, eat at strange times, or eat the same food often.
If you are looking to buy premium quality multivitamins at wholesale prices, then Piping Rock is a great place to shop. You can Like this Facebook page to stay up to date on exciting Piping Rock offers.
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements should be viewed as a way to boost your immune system, fight some illnesses, and improve your overall health. They are organic compounds used by our bodies in small amounts for a wide range of metabolic benefits and they will only help us prosper. These vitamins are crucial for the normal and healthy functioning of many processes and functions in your body, including maintaining a healthy immune system, vision, heart, bones, and digestive systems. Please be aware that both too little and too much of vitamins can negative effects on your health. So keep your intake of multivitamins well balanced and stay healthy throughout your life.