The universal consensus is that adults need at least eight hours of quality sleep per night to enjoy the benefits of sleep. Scientists have gone great lengths to establish a link between quality sleep and good health. The important question here is – how do you ensure that you nap through those crucial eight hours?
Well, exercising, minimizing screen time, creating the right sleep environment (light, temperature, sound), and quitting coffee before bedtime are all good ways to improve sleep. But if altering your entire lifestyle is a challenge, there’s one other easier option you can consider – sleeping in the right pajamas. What you wear to bed is one of the factors that determine whether you’ll have a good night’s sleep or not.
When shopping for nightwear, you should note that all pajamas are neither suited for everyone nor for every season. Therefore, if you’re a never-sleep-nude type of person, you should judge all the parameters of perfect nightwear when shopping for pajamas.
5 Tips on How to Choose the Right Pajamas
1. Pick a suitable fabric
The people at Pajamas For Peace can’t emphasize how much the fabric that your sleep attire is made of plays a big role in your comfort. You want sleepwear that not only feels good when you put it on, but also helps to regulate your body temperature, wick away moisture, and allow air to circulate.
One of the factors that will influence your choice of fabric is the climate. If you live in cold climate areas or you’re looking for comfortable pajamas to sleep in during cold winter months, sleepwear made of the following fabric choices will be ideal:
– Wool: Are cold nights causing shivers and interrupted sleep? Pajamas made of wool are guaranteed to keep you warm all night long.
– Fleece: Pajamas made of this fabric are another ideal choice for those living in cold climate areas.
– Flannel: Pajamas made from this soft fabric might be just what you need to sleep comfortably during colder nights. This fabric not only provides warmth, but it also provides breathability that helps you stay warm without overheating.
– Silk: If you want to go the glam way, pajamas made from silk are an ideal option. Not only does silk have a slippery sensation that most people love, but it is also a thermo-regulator. This means that it can keep you cool when you’re hot and warm when you’re cold.
If you live in warm climate areas or you’re looking for comfortable pajamas to sleep in during summer nights, you can opt for breathable and moisture-wicking fabrics such as:
– Cotton: This is an all-natural fabric that does a good job of keeping you cool during hot weather. It is breathable and allows for air circulation, thus the best fabric for summer. It is also lightweight and doesn’t cling to the skin like other heavier fabrics.
– Bamboo: Pajamas made from this 100% biodegradable fabric are guaranteed to keep you at a comfortable temperature. This fabric feels soft and silky on the skin, and it also has moisture-wicking properties. Furthermore, it is hypoallergenic, which makes it an ideal choice for allergy sufferers.
2. Opt for detail-free pajamas
When shopping for pajamas, you should think more than just the fabric. You should also consider other elements added to the fabric, such as tags, buttons, zips, snaps, etc. While such elements have their intended purposes, they can become problematic if they prick, press, itch, or irritate your skin during sleep.
As we all know, it’s difficult getting a comfortable night’s sleep with such elements pricking, pressing, or irritating your skin. To ensure that you’ll sleep comfortably, you should consider detail-free pajamas. Also, ensure that any elastic is neither too tight to cut off circulation nor too loose to slip off as you move.
3. Choose the right fit
It’s also important that you choose pajamas that fit. You will find comfort in pajamas that are not too tight. When you choose pajamas that are too tight, you will not find comfort in them, and the harder it will be for you to move or turn when you sleep.
When making a choice, consider well-fitting pajamas so that they can move more easily over your body. Looser pajamas will also allow you to bend and move freely. Ensure that the pajamas are not too loose, as pajamas that are too loose might slip off as you move or turn in bed.
4. Keep all body parts in mind
When choosing nightwear, most people forget to keep the whole body in mind. Some of the most neglected parts of the body are the feet. Your feet play a huge role in regulating your body temperature. You must know how difficult it is to sleep when the feet are cold. When your feet are cold, the whole body gets to feel cold. For perfect night sleep, it’s best to keep in mind all body parts when selecting the right pajamas.
5. Choose pajamas that befit the occasion
Are you shopping for beautiful pajamas to wear when you go for a sleepover to your lover’s place? Are you newly-wed and need s*xy pajamas to pack for your honeymoon? Or, are you single and shopping for just any type of pajamas as long as they are comfortable enough to get you through the night? Depending on your relationship or marital status, you should choose suitable pajamas.
Luckily, pajamas are available in a wide range of designs and colors, which makes it easy for you to choose those that befit the occasion. If your goal is to ooze up your love life, you can opt for short, knee-length night-clothes to look beautiful and s*xy. If you don’t feel confident or comfortable enough in short clothes, you can choose s*xy feet-length pajamas.
Different internal and external factors impact the quality of your sleep, including temperature, light, noise, and psychological distress. If you have considered all these factors but still can’t get quality sleep, you might want to get a new pair of pajamas.
One thing reigns supreme when choosing pajamas – your comfort. Therefore, it’s important to consider the above tips so that you can shop for the right pajamas.