Aquacel is a series of types of dressings that are used to protect an area of the body that has been injured. The dressings work to nurture the environment and keep it sterile to promote better healing and protection of the wounded area. Saveritemedical has many discounts currently being offered to those that require the use of Aquacel dressings.
Learn more about Aquacel dressings and how they are a beneficial way to heal your wounds, as well as how they work to do so.
Benefits of Aquacel AG Dressings
Ionic silver has long been a reputable, recommended way to provide moist wound healing. Many hospitals use silver in their dressings because of the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-tumour properties. This helps to prevent infections and speed up the healing process that would otherwise take a much slower time to heal.
The silver properties are inside the non-woven pad that also has Hydrofiber technology that holds the moisture barrier during the wound healing process. The top layer is made from a polyurethane film and the contact layer is made from a polyurethane film that is placed in between two layers of hydrocolloid.
According to the US National Library of Medicine, Aquacel wound dressing bandages that provide a moist wound healing process are an ideal choice to go with when speeding wound recovery and minimizing infections that would otherwise happen. They go on to say that Aquacel has been applied to numerous types of wounds on patients have shown great results, while also being a cost-effective option to go with.
According to Convatec, the mixture of the two powerful properties have shown to reduce infection in the surgical site by over 75%, reduce blistering of the skin in the wound area by close to 90%, reduces the need to have frequent dressing changes to keep up with and can also reduce delays in being discharged from the hospital or having to come back to the hospital because of the wound site by 80%.
Aquacel AG Dressing Instructions
Aquacel dressings can be used for a number of things. Wound healing is the main priority of the use of this product. You can use it for:
- Minor cuts and abrasions
- Minor burns or scalds
For those that have worse symptoms and require the care of a physician, the physician may use Aquacel for:
- An effective barrier between the wound and the outside to prevent infection from happening
- Pressure ulcers and sores found on the legs, feet, arms, etc.
- Surgical wounds that need to heal through a secondary measure
- Oncology wounds such as Kaposi sarcoma, fungating carcinoma or angiosarcoma
- Traumatic wounds
- Wounds that are especially prone to bleeding
In order to use Aquacal dressings, it is important to follow the directions exactly as they are described by your physician or according to the package instructions.
- Before applying the dressing, cleanse the wound area with the cleaning instructions provided by your physician or with mild soap and water.
- The dressing should overlap the area by 2 inches on the skin when applied to the wound.
- It should then be covered with sterile gauze covering and secured in place using medical tape or another product that provides coverage.
- Inspect the wound area often when using the bandage to check for infections, issues or to ensure that it is healing properly.
- Remove the bandage and dressing according to the wound, physician or package instructions.
Precautions to Take When Using Aquacel AG Dressings
It is important to note that you should always use Aquacel AG dressings as prescribed by a physician or according to the instructions printed on the package. If you have a serious injury or wound area, having the best treatment plan, whether it includes Aqualcel AG dressings or not, is beneficial to the healing process.
There are some things to keep in mind while using this product:
- Aquacel promotes moist wound healing, which brings new blood vessels to the area and can sometimes produce a blood-tinged appearance on the bandage
- Do not use oil-based products with Aquacel, as they are not compatible. Ie: petroleum jelly
- Not intended to be used as a surgical sponge
- If covering a second-degree burn, the use of the dressing could interfere with movement if they are used on or near the joints
- Secondary bandages over the dressings should always be used as directed
- If the problem area becomes worse with time, bleeds excessively, becomes extremely painful or any other symptom; please seek medical attention
- Allergic reactions can happen, so it is important to look for these while using the dressing. Symptoms include pain, swelling, itching or redness at the wound site
- Wound healing should be monitored closely, even with the use of Aquacel dressings
For further savings, check out Saveritemedical, where you can find multiple options of Aquacel dressings available. The right dressing can make all the difference when dressing any type of wound that you have. Speak with your healthcare provider to find out if this is the best wound dressing for you to use. It may just provide you with the healing results you need.