July 25, 2014
Marijuana destroys Cancer Tumors says NIH and new Study
By Mark Wachtler
July 25, 2014. Norwich, England. (ONN) The US federal government and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have quietly confirmed what some of us have known for years – that marijuana somehow fights cancer cells without harming healthy cells. Now, Cancer.gov and the NIH have actually published that fact, reversing four decades of disinformation and propaganda against the natural remedy on behalf of multi-national pharmaceutical corporations. And to top it off, the results of a just-released study demonstrates how it happens.
It’s true, marijuana destroys cancer tumors. Image courtesy of LiveFreeLiveNatural.com.
For at least two decades, there’s been a theory that marijuana fights cancer. Your author can personally attest that many smokers have long insisted that cigarette smokers get lung cancer, but cigarette smokers who also smoke marijuana don’t. With marijuana studies having been suppressed for decades by Wall Street and Washington, it was impossible to know if it was true. But now, as confirmed by a study at East Anglia University in the UK, that cancer-fighting property has finally been demonstrated.
Study discovers how marijuana shrinks tumors
Cancer is big business and big money. Many have long suspected that the cure for cancer has always been held hostage by the powers that be so Wall Street corporations can continue to rake in $125 billion a year fighting the disease with radiation, pills and endless surgeries. The National Cancer Institute alone has taken in and spent an estimated $90 billion allegedly trying to find a cure for cancer. Image, all they had to do was ask a teenager or just test a documented 3,000-year-old medical treatment. Marijuana is the first known medical treatment used by humans, literally dating back to roughly 1,000 BC.
Last week, the UK’s Independent published the results of a marijuana-cancer study carried out by the University of East Anglia. Even the news outlet admits, ‘There have long been reports that the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis – Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC – has been shown to have success in combating the growth of cancerous cells.’ One of those ‘reports’ is a 2012 Whiteout Press article, ‘Does Marijuana cure Cancer?’
Smoking gun evidence
Adding to the excitement and the hopes of cancer sufferers everywhere, the researchers in the UEA study injected THC into mice that were already purposely infected with human cancer cells. The doctors knew the TCH would shrink the cancer tumors from previous studies. What they were trying to document was ‘how’. Their experiment, widely considered a groundbreaking success, found the ‘smoking gun’ in the form of what they called, “two specific receptors that are responsible for the compound’s disease-fighting effect.”
“By identifying the receptors involved we have provided an important step towards the future development of therapeutics that can take advantage of the interactions we have discovered to reduce tumor growth,” the University of East Anglia’s Peter McCormick announced. But he also warned against running out and smoking pot to self-medicate in an attempt to cure one’s own cancer. He insisted their success was accomplished by using a specific dosage at a certain concentration of THC.
National Cancer Institute & National Institutes of Health
The US government’s website at the NIH’s National Cancer Institute surprisingly confirms the recently proven fact that marijuana shrinks and even destroys cancer tumors without harming healthy cells. After giving the usual establishment disclaimer that marijuana is illegal on the federal level and is still designated by Washington as a Schedule I drug along with heroin and LSD, the NIH acknowledges the controversial discovery.
Section 6 of the NCI/NIH website discusses ‘cannabinoids’, the active chemical in THC and marijuana. The agency first asks and then answers the question (from the NIH/NCI website Cancer.gov):
‘Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using Cannabis or cannabinoids? Preclinical studies of cannabinoids have investigated the following activities:
- Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
- A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
- A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.
- A laboratory study of cannabidiol in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells.
- A laboratory study of cannabidiol in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, cannabidiol may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells.
So, there you have it, straight from the US federal government, the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute. Now maybe someone can explain why the same US federal government, along with America’s TV and media corporations, repeatedly deny any of the above is true. Could it be because the same multi-national corporations that fund and control both will lose hundreds of billions of dollars when the world finds out they can fight and even cure their cancer themselves, safely, painlessly and inexpensively, by just smoking marijuana?
Recent Whiteout Press articles:
Deadline looms for NY 9/11 Investigation Ballot Referendum
Proof we’re Winning the War against GMO Foods
Experts say Robots could overthrow Humans by 2029
Earth’s Poles flipping ten-times Faster than thought
Related Whiteout Press articles:
Does Marijuana cure Cancer?
Poll says National Marijuana Legalization is inevitable
Medical Marijuana Advocates to protest Obama
Feds guilty of their own Crime on Marijuana
Top 5 Most Viewed Articles from Whiteout Press
1. Supreme Court rules Drug Co.’s exempt from Lawsuits (284,087)
2. Courts quietly confirm MMR Vaccine causes Autism (280,132)
3. DHS graduates Homeland Youth (230,123)
4. Lady Gaga, Satanism & the Illuminati (140,794)
5. Obamacare, RFID Chips and 666 (95,820)
Most Promoted Whiteout Press Articles
Secret Government Experiments on the American People
Iceland’s Random Republic overthrown by Corporations
The 50 Corporations that rule the World
Robot Economy here, time for Human Robot Wars
The Confession that Merck Pharma created, spread AIDS
Top 5 recommended Whiteout Press articles. If you missed these the first time, check them out now.
1. Mainstream Media not so Mainstream
2. List of 45 Mass Murders and Pharma Drugs they were on
3. TIME challenges Legitimacy of America’s Judicial Branch
4. Americans Abandoned – POW/MIA’s in Vietnam
5. Happy Patriots Day! (April 19th)