Trash is routinely formed and has tobe deposited in proper places to ensure that the environment is not harmed because of the waste products. However, the items that are considered as the trash cannot be categorized under one category. This means that there are different categories of trash which have to be treated separately depending on safety protocols present for handling that type of trash.
A brief delineation of garbage categories
The kinds of garbage which are to be dealt with safely and separately and cannot be accommodated in garbage cans or thrown in with other domestic waste for safety reasons are discussed below:
- Medical waste: Medical waste includes unused medicines, packets or bottles of medicines which are not empty. Medicines that cannot be used because the expiry date has passed have to be thrown away as trash, but it is not to be thrown just anywhere. The person has to look for medical waste management centers or know about drop off locations that are authorized for the collection of medical waste. Apart from medicines syringes, needles, gloves or anything that has been in contact with a body fluid like blood should be kept under medical waste. The person should know about the location for dropping medical waste and schedule mandatorily put the medical waste package in the mentioned place and not anywhere else. Medical waste raises many safety concerns and can pose a health hazard if it gets combined with other wastes so one should be careful while depositing such waste.
- Hazardous objects and materials: Medical waste undoubtedly pose a huge health risk and contamination is avoided by separately packing those things. Apart from medical waste, there are also some other types of objects and waste materials that contain harmful chemicals which can create problems for the environment if the disposal of these objects is incorrectly done. Car batteries that are worn out, paint cans, chemical oils fall under the category of unsafe waste materials. Therefore these objects have to be deposited in a waste facility that deals with dangerous household items. These items cannot be thrown in normal garbage cans or rented dumpsters. Electronic goods like cell phones and laptops also contain varying amounts of hazardous chemicals so these objects cannot be deposited in normal dumpsters and it is best to look for an electronic store that has a recycling facility for dropping off electronic trash.
- Fridge: It is often seen that the old refrigerator is worn out and have to be changed. In such cases, a bulky refrigerator cannot be just thrown away anywhere. Therefore for taking out an old refrigerator a person can look for exchange services at the store. If the refrigerator can be exchanged, then that can be done. If a person doesn’t want to trade-in the old fridge, then it can also be donated. There are also curbside collection facilities that take in old refrigerators, and a person can deposit the old refrigerator there to avoid problems. But if the person wants to deposit the refrigerator in a rented dumpster which is offered by Bin There Dump That Dumpsters Charlotte,then the fridge has to be completely drained so that no trace of refrigerants is present in the fridge. However, it is always better to ask the dumpster service provider whether they will allow a drained refrigerator to be placed inside their rented dumpster.
- Tires: Tires are prone to bursting which is why landfills are not made with thrown away tires because the infrastructure will get damaged due to the bursting action. However, throwing tires in just any dumpster is also not allowed and it is best to deposit worn out tires at a curbside collection area. If it is possible, then the tires can also be taken to an auto shop in the locality as tires are recyclable so an auto shop will easily take these.
- Debris from renovation or new construction: Shingles from roof reconstruction, drywall, lumber, and concrete are well-known waste products that are created at a construction site. Roll off garbage bins can be acquired for throwing such wastes. Mattresses are also thrown away during renovation and are quite bulky, so the dumpster has to be big enough to accommodate the mattress. It is also suitable to opt for other options for disposing of the old mattress and donation can be considered for getting rid of the old mattress. There are recycling facilities that take in old mattresses, and this option can also be used if a person wants to ditch the old mattress.
Points to be kept in mind while filling a dumpster
It is important to check the service providers that provide dumpsters in the residential area of the individual who needs a dumpster rental. Once the rented dumpster arrives, it should be positioned in such a way so that it doesn’t block the way in any manner whatsoever. There is a specific way to fill the dumpsters so that trash is thrown systematically. Knowing the below-mentioned tips will definitely help people who are using rented dumpsters for the first time:
- Keeping heavier items at the bottom of the dumpster in an even manner is important.
- The trash should not be thrown from the top but arranged from the end of the dumpster which is opposite to the loading side.
- The lighter items which can be folded or squeezed into smaller shape should be tucked in between the spaces and not merely kept on the top.
- It is always preferable not to overfill the dumpster as it can cause spillage and it will also become difficult for the service provider to haul away the dumpster safely.
- The dumpster can be locked after loading the trash so that other people do not throw their trash in the dumpster.
Hence, a person should be acquainted with the type of materials which can be thrown in the dumpster and should properly arrange the waste products inside the dumpster so that maximum garbage items can be easily fitted in the dumpster.